[Because there's no way he'd miss this! And just as he said Riku heads to beach the first thing in the morning, lightly jogging as he approaches Terra.]
[Terra's waiting for him on the beach already, doing some warmup stretches. He's forgone his bulky hakama for some running shorts, although he still has the Keyblade armour on his arm just in case they (literally) run into trouble. Even here, he's still being cautious.]
Hey. I thought we could go for round two of beach racing, even if Roxas isn't here this time. [A brief pause, then he laughs.] --Nah, I'm kidding.
[Although he's sure Riku would say yes if he asked... He's definitely got a competitive streak.]
Sure. Because it's Roxas who you really need to look out when racing. [Riku rolls his shoulders casually back, grin growing on his lips. Because yeah, if there's any defining trait to him it's being competitive.
He then stretches quickly and steps to stand right next to Terra.]
Yeah. Let's say we go to docked boats and back? Ready when you are.
Sounds good. Let's go! [He starts, setting the pace at a brisk jog. It's far enough away that it'll be a good workout, but not so far they'll be too out of breath to hold a conversation.]
I was thinking we could train like this two or three times a week. Even if there's no threats here, it'll be good to stay sharp.
[And he can keep an eye on how Riku's doing, given the circumstances.]
[Riku allows Terra to take a quick, barely noticeable head start before following him, making sure to match his pace with the other one.]
Not a bad idea. I'd hate to go out of shape just because the place appears peaceful. [Emphasis on 'appears'. He doesn't believe it for a second that this is nothing but a calm before storm. That's how it's always with these things right.]
Yeah, that's true. So far I haven't anyone who really seemed like trouble. Nice change.
[And honestly? Pretty lucky, considering that they were all from different worlds. A mismatch group like them stuck in one place could very easily be a recipe for chaos. So far it did appear like everyone was ready make the best of their current circumstances.]
Yeah, the apartment block I'm staying in had a little get together where everyone brought food and stuff. It was nice.
[He's absolutely not going to mention the night he went out and got wasted with a couple of people, because he's supposed to be a role model!! Awful.]
Actually, I met one person who's been travelling around looking for his sister before he got here. I figured maybe we could work together, since we're looking for someone, too.
[Wild how... He looks like he's reluctant to ask.]
Someone called Aether. It sounds like things with his sister are complicated, and she changed a lot since she was taken from him, but he still loves her and wants to get her back safe.
[If anyone can relate to that, it's him and Riku, he figures.]
With all the doors to other worlds here just waiting to be opened, I'm sure there's a way we can find them both.
[It's now Riku's turn to gain a slightly more serious expression. Because yeah, it's just as Terra thinks. Being separated from loved one, going through a change and 'complicating' things really hits close home.]
I have not met him. [Yet.] Was he also placed at the same apartment block as you?
But yeah. You're right. And who knows, maybe helping to find his sister could give us clues about Sora.
[Terra nods to the question, that they live in the same place. Their run is rapidly taking them close to the docks where some fishing boats are moored, so Terra slows to a walk so they can take in the scenery and catch their breaths. It's pretty picturesque, in the early morning light.]
Exactly. So don't worry, I haven't forgotten about our goal, even with everything going on here.
Heh, don't worry. [Riku laughs a little, slowing down his pace.] I didn't think you'd gone full vacation mode just yet. Here you are looking out for others.
[Looking out for him and strangers, just like this Aether person.
Riku turns his head to look at the water sparkling in the sun. The smell of the ocean did bring him some comfort and familiarity, something that he never thought he missed.] This place appears so careless and quiet, despite everything.
Yeah, it's peaceful, isn't it? [If it weren't for the constant reminder of the bracelets on their wrists, it could be easy to forget why they were even here in the first place. Still, it's reassuring to see Riku laugh and take it all in.]
No one would blame you if you wanted to go vacation mode yourself, you know.
Mm. [He hums thoughtfully. It was peaceful, almost too peaceful if you asked him. There was still the mystery behind the shut doors, the change and people disappearing. All of them lingering in the back of his mind, making him unable to quite trust what he sees.]
Huh? [And just like that, it's like Terra had just read his mind. Riku blinks few times, looking almost surprised.] Do I really seem that uptight?
The real question is: why wouldn't you be? You've had so much on your shoulders for so long.
[Everything that happened, on top of how little downtime Riku got to relax after that final battle. He'd told him before how much he was proud of him, but only because Terra was well aware of what a heavy burden that must have all been.]
It's okay if you need to rest. It'll help you connect with people better here, too.
[A small, thoughtful frown forms on his face as Riku knits his brows together. He's still not quite all that used being talked this way, being looked after like this. After all, he's used to embrace the more strong and supportive role, trying to always be there for his friends. Whether they could see him or not.
But then again, Terra would be the one to understand what it's like.]
I've met people. [He finds himself admitting. It's not like he's been hiding away from the others. But it is true that he hasn't been able to meet the expectations that is placed upon them.]
[And beyond that, then what? Meeting people could mean any number of things, or maybe that's all it means. Terra doesn't expect an answer, since it's something deeply personal, but he does want to be sure he's not just keeping everyone at arms' length.]
[Well, truth to be told. There really isn't much to tell. Riku had briefly considered telling Terra about Phainon. Silver hair combined with golden eyes and all that had rung some alarm bells for a reason. But then he had ultimately decided against it. No need to worry the other man.
Although Riku now re-considers that decision for another reason.]
What about you? [He turns to look at Terra. Blue eyes sincere and curious as he slows down his speed until he's walking again.] Have you been able to create connections with people here?
Well... [Terra takes a moment to mull it over, looking out at the sea.] To be honest, I think I made some mistakes at first.
[Desscaras? Definitely. He wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't want to talk to him again, even if they happen to cross paths. And then there were the spiked drinks... but when he thinks of the people he shared them with who did want to see him again--]
People have been willing to give me a chance, all the same. So, I think that I have.
[That answer surprises Riku a little. Not because he didn't think Terra couldn't do it but because he seems doubtful about it himself. To him Terra had always appeared likeable and reliable, and from what he had heard the older keyblade wielder had made plenty of connections and friends during his own travels. Before Xehanort.]
I don't see why they wouldn't. [He blurts out] Give you a chance, that is.
Thanks. I appreciate it. [And he truly does. There aren't many people he can talk like this.] But I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
[But at the same time, it does reassure him somewhat to hear that Terra is also feeling unsure about how to go about all of this. He crosses his arms across his chest, looks briefly at the ocean.] I still think Sora would know what to do here.
Hm. [Riku rubs his chin thoughtfully as he considers Terra's question. Because yeah, how does one answer to that?] I think he'd do what he always does. He has this rare ability to live with his heart open and free, creating bonds and friendships everywhere he goes.
@terra
These things are a little more complicated than Gummiphones, aren't they?
Let's go for a run here tomorrow morning
[He's a boomer with tech but at least he's figured out how to pin locations! He sends him a location on the beach.]
Text -> Action!
[Because there's no way he'd miss this! And just as he said Riku heads to beach the first thing in the morning, lightly jogging as he approaches Terra.]
Hi.
no subject
Hey. I thought we could go for round two of beach racing, even if Roxas isn't here this time. [A brief pause, then he laughs.] --Nah, I'm kidding.
[Although he's sure Riku would say yes if he asked... He's definitely got a competitive streak.]
I figured it'd be a good chance to talk. Ready?
no subject
He then stretches quickly and steps to stand right next to Terra.]
Yeah. Let's say we go to docked boats and back? Ready when you are.
no subject
I was thinking we could train like this two or three times a week. Even if there's no threats here, it'll be good to stay sharp.
[And he can keep an eye on how Riku's doing, given the circumstances.]
no subject
Not a bad idea. I'd hate to go out of shape just because the place appears peaceful. [Emphasis on 'appears'. He doesn't believe it for a second that this is nothing but a calm before storm. That's how it's always with these things right.]
I see you've managed to settle down well here.
no subject
['Settled' is the last thing he feels when there's still so much they don't know, but...]
Maybe it's because people are so willing to work together here. That makes things a lot easier.
no subject
[And honestly? Pretty lucky, considering that they were all from different worlds. A mismatch group like them stuck in one place could very easily be a recipe for chaos. So far it did appear like everyone was ready make the best of their current circumstances.]
Have you met many people yet?
no subject
[He's absolutely not going to mention the night he went out and got wasted with a couple of people, because he's supposed to be a role model!! Awful.]
Actually, I met one person who's been travelling around looking for his sister before he got here. I figured maybe we could work together, since we're looking for someone, too.
no subject
[Take that as you want Terra..]
Huh, really? Who's that?
no subject
Someone called Aether. It sounds like things with his sister are complicated, and she changed a lot since she was taken from him, but he still loves her and wants to get her back safe.
[If anyone can relate to that, it's him and Riku, he figures.]
With all the doors to other worlds here just waiting to be opened, I'm sure there's a way we can find them both.
no subject
I have not met him. [Yet.] Was he also placed at the same apartment block as you?
But yeah. You're right. And who knows, maybe helping to find his sister could give us clues about Sora.
no subject
Exactly. So don't worry, I haven't forgotten about our goal, even with everything going on here.
no subject
[Looking out for him and strangers, just like this Aether person.
Riku turns his head to look at the water sparkling in the sun. The smell of the ocean did bring him some comfort and familiarity, something that he never thought he missed.] This place appears so careless and quiet, despite everything.
no subject
No one would blame you if you wanted to go vacation mode yourself, you know.
[Least of all Sora.]
no subject
Huh? [And just like that, it's like Terra had just read his mind. Riku blinks few times, looking almost surprised.] Do I really seem that uptight?
no subject
[Everything that happened, on top of how little downtime Riku got to relax after that final battle. He'd told him before how much he was proud of him, but only because Terra was well aware of what a heavy burden that must have all been.]
It's okay if you need to rest. It'll help you connect with people better here, too.
no subject
But then again, Terra would be the one to understand what it's like.]
I've met people. [He finds himself admitting. It's not like he's been hiding away from the others. But it is true that he hasn't been able to meet the expectations that is placed upon them.]
no subject
[And beyond that, then what? Meeting people could mean any number of things, or maybe that's all it means. Terra doesn't expect an answer, since it's something deeply personal, but he does want to be sure he's not just keeping everyone at arms' length.]
no subject
Although Riku now re-considers that decision for another reason.]
What about you? [He turns to look at Terra. Blue eyes sincere and curious as he slows down his speed until he's walking again.] Have you been able to create connections with people here?
no subject
[Desscaras? Definitely. He wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't want to talk to him again, even if they happen to cross paths. And then there were the spiked drinks... but when he thinks of the people he shared them with who did want to see him again--]
People have been willing to give me a chance, all the same. So, I think that I have.
no subject
I don't see why they wouldn't. [He blurts out] Give you a chance, that is.
no subject
[He turns his attention back to Riku, offering a grateful smile for the vote of confidence.]
It's just how it felt at the time. But I figured I should give you the honest answer -- it's okay not to have it all figured out yet.
no subject
[But at the same time, it does reassure him somewhat to hear that Terra is also feeling unsure about how to go about all of this. He crosses his arms across his chest, looks briefly at the ocean.] I still think Sora would know what to do here.
[He just misses his best friend, ok?]
no subject
[Riku knows him better than anyone, so he figures he'd have a good idea of it.]
no subject